Job Posting: Research Technician
Since 2006, Opalux has aimed to transform the way the World uses colour. It has created a platform of innovative, stimulus-responsive coatings that provide the next level of custom aesthetics for virtually any surface. Specifically, Opalux is accelerating the development of its electrically colour-changing material, Chameleonix, with the goal of commercializing the product for mobile and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications. You can see a video of the technology in action here: https://vimeo.com/386990218
Opalux offers an unparalleled opportunity to participate in cutting-edge R&D in downtown Toronto. The successful candidate will be a key member of Opalux’s dynamic and award-winning scientific team.
As a Research Technician working on Opalux’s electrically tunable material, you’ll:
- Assist in the development of optically-active, nanostructured polymer films, including development and scaling for manufacturing
- Work on optimization of a nanostructured polymer film, including maximizing performance and improving durability
- Conduct analysis, collection data and report analytical results to the R&D team
- Prepare samples and product demonstrators for key customers and partners
- Tackle day-to-day production, process and technical problems as they arise
BENEFITS OF JOINING
The position is based out of MaRS discovery District in Toronto (marsdd.com), a very dynamic place to work with a lot of opportunity to grow and fill in the gaps via education programs and exposure to many start up teams and entrepreneurs.
The right person will enjoy significant creative autonomy, have influence, and make a major impact on the development of Chameleonix. We also provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
You’ll report to:
Andre Arsenault, CTO
You’ll also work closely with:
Matthew Mulvale, Product Manager
Other Research Scientists & Technicians
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, electrical engineering or nanotechnology engineering
- Experience with battery chemistry, electrochromic devices, electrochemical device assembly, or roll-to-roll coating
- Good manual dexterity
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to present information and conclusions in a manner that is supported by statistical data analysis
- Clear and organized record-keeping
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
Qualified applicants may send their resume, cover letter and transcripts to email@example.com with the subject line “Research and Development Position”. We would appreciate resumes and cover letters to be no longer than one page.
All applicants are thanked for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis. Please apply before July 31st, 2020 to maximize your chances of receiving an interview.