Job Posting: Research Scientist/Process Engineer
Since 2006, Opalux has aimed to transform the way the World uses colour. It has created a platform of innovative, stimulus-responsive coatings that change colour to convey information. Specifically, Opalux is accelerating the development of its electrically colour-changing material, Photonic Ink, with the goal of commercializing the product for mobile and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications.
Opalux offers an unparalleled opportunity to participate in cutting-edge R&D in downtown Toronto. The successful candidate will be a key member of Opalux’s dynamic and award-winning scientific team. You can learn more about Opalux at opalux.com.
As a Research Scientist/Process Engineer working on Opalux’s electrically tunable material, you’ll:
- Lead projects based on colour changing, electrochemical thin film devices
- Assist in the development of optically-active, nanostructured polymer films, including development and scaling for manufacturing
- Conduct analysis, collect data and report analytical results to the R&D team
- Prepare samples and product demonstrators for key customers and partners
- Tackle day-to-day production, process and technical problems as they arise
BENEFITS OF JOINING
The position is based out of MaRS discovery District in Toronto (marsdd.com), a dynamic place to work with a lot of opportunity to grow and fill in the gaps via education programs and exposure to many start up teams/ entrepreneurs.
The right person will enjoy significant creative autonomy, have influence, and make a major impact on the development of the company. We also provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
You’ll report to:
Matthew Mulvale, Product Manager
You’ll also work closely with:
Andre Arsenault, CTO
Other Research Scientists & Technicians
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as, chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, electrical engineering or nanotechnology engineering
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience working on battery chemistry, electrochromic devices, electrochemical device assembly, or roll-to-roll coating
- Evidence of previous self-directed problem solving or research
- Good manual dexterity
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to present information and conclusions in a manner that is supported by statistical data analysis
- Clear and organized record-keeping
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
Qualified applicants may send their resume, cover letter and transcripts to email@example.com with the subject line “Research and Development Position”. We would appreciate resumes and cover letters to be no longer than one page.
All applicants are thanked for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis. Please apply before January 15th, 2019 to maximize your chances of receiving an interview.