Job Posting: Partnership Development Manager
Opalux is seeking an individual to join its business development and partnership development team on a full-time basis.
The company is a global leader in tunable colour technology research and development. Opalux develops and manufactures optically variable security devices to combat counterfeiting and improve the authentication of banknotes and passports. Opalux has obtained extensive patent protection for its products and forged strong links with a variety of leading security printers, central banks and identity issuing authorities.
Opalux offers the opportunity to work on the commercialization of smart materials and advanced manufacturing in a downtown Toronto location. The successful candidate will focus on business development for Opalux’s OpalPrint Polycarbonate security feature for passports and high security identification documents. The successful candidate will benefit from the supervision and guidance of Opalux’s experienced and award-winning team. You can learn more about Opalux at www.opalux.com.
The candidate’s activities will include:
• Planning and executing Opalux’s marketing activities for OpalPrint Polycarbonate. This includes determining which conferences to attend, which publications to contribute to, preparing material for those opportunities, identifying potential customers and leads, following-up with those leads, and implementing an improved relationship management system.
• Supporting Opalux’s existing partnership and sales activities, particularly with large commercial security printers and passport offices.
• Negotiating with suppliers of capital equipment, logistics, chemicals and services to assist with scaling-up the OpalPrint Polycarbonate manufacturing process.
The candidate will be supported in these activities by Opalux’s existing management and development teams.
Opalux is most interested in a candidate that can begin full-time work on March 31, 2017, though there may be flexibility with the start date, finish date and working hours for a promising candidate. The position will initially be for a contracted term. Satisfactory performance during the contracted term would most likely lead to a permanent position.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate is required to have the following skills and experience:
• Excellent written and oral business communication skills.
• An extremely high level of attention to detail.
• Good critical thinking skills.
• A high degree of curiosity, initiative and drive.
Additionally, the candidate must be between the ages of 22-29 (a requirement due to the source of funding for this position.)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following skills and experience would be assets for this position:
• Experience with sales, marketing or business development in a business-to-business environment, particularly one with long sales cycles and sophisticated customers.
• Experience with business negotiations.
• Experience with procurement, particularly in an industrial context.
• Post-secondary education/degrees in engineering, chemistry, physics, communications or business.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants may send their resume, cover letter and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Partnership Development Manager Position”. Resumes and cover letters should be in a 12-point font and may not exceed one page each. Cover letters should contain: (1) confirmation that the candidate is between the ages of 22-29; (2) highlights of the candidate’s skills and experience relevant to the required and desired attributes summarized in this job posting. Candidates submitting resumes or cover letters which do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
Due to the desired start date of March 31, 2017, please apply no later than March 26. Interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis. All applicants are thanked for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.